Doctor of medicine (Palermo, 1837), demonstrator and then Professor of Anatomy at The University of Palermo before becoming nomunated Professor of Botany and Director of the Botanical Garden of Florence in 1842 until his death in 1877. He founded the Florence Herbarium. He sent "a supply [of ferns] from the Florence collection" to Mrs Katharine Murray Lyell whose herbarium was presented to The University of Reading in 1925.
Added: April 8th 2004
[ Back to collectors Index |